Company Registry Information
Registration of Newspapers
The Newspapers Act, Chapter 20:01.
Submit a letter to the Registrar of Companies requesting approval for proposed name: $20.00.
Statutory declaration (by proprietor, publisher or printer) to be sworn before a Commissioner of Affidavits, Notary Public etc.: $50.00.
Bond in favour of the State (if newspaper is published at intervals not exceeding 26 days) to be executed by proprietor, publisher and printer of newspaper: $10.00
Documents to be filed:
The original name approval letter.
Bond (if required).
Incorporation of Companies (Profit: Form 1; Non-Profit: Form 2)
The Companies Act, 1995.
The following documents (forms) must be filed in duplicate: (1), (3), (4) and (5)
Complete in duplicate Form No.25 (Application for name search/name reservation) - $25.00.
Articles of Incorporation must first be approved by the Registrar prior to incorporation in the case of a non-profit company.
Articles of Incorporation (Form1/Form 2 as applicable) - $400.00/$500.00
Notice of Address of Registered Office (Form 6) - $ 40.00.
Notice of Directors (Form 8) - $ 40.00.
Certificate fee - $ 40.00.
Registration of External Company
The requirements of Section 318 of the Companies Act
This service is provided at the Registrar General's Department, Companies Registry - Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain.
Documents to be filed/fees:
1) Complete Form No. 20 - $40.00.
2) Affidavit or Solemn Declaration to be sworn to by an Officer of the Company before a Notary Public that verifies the particulars set out in the Form No.20 -$40.00.
3) Copy of the Corporate Instruments of the Company - $2,000.00.
4) Statutory declaration by Attorney-at-Law admitted to practice in Trinidad and Tobago (Form No. 32) to be furnished - $40.00.
5) Power of Attorney executed by an External Company (Form No. 22) - $40.00.
6) Certificate Fee - $40.00
Please note that forms must be filed in duplicate.
Documents required to be filed: (1) to (5) inclusive.
Registration of Business Name
The Registration of Business Names Act, Chapter 82:85
Service point: Registrar General's Department, Companies Registry - Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain
1) Form (available at Registry) to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies requesting approval for the proposed name - $20.00.
2) Application for Registration by an individual (Form No.1) or by a Firm (Form No. 2) - $200.00.
3) An original document from the Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) indicating BIR file number of each individual or partner (whether a natural person of Corporation) e.g. Advisory Letter; or
4) Notice of Assessment must be produced to the Registrar - NO FEE.
Documents required to be filed: (1), (2) or (3) and (4).
Change of Particulars of Registration (Business Name)
Changes may be made to the business name registered.
Cost/Fee: Varies between $40.00 to $60.00, depending on the nature of the change.
Registration of Local Agents of Foreign Governments and Foreign Enterprises
This is in accordance with Act No. 41 of 1980. Customers must complete the Registration Form. Service point: Registrar General's Department,
Companies Registry - Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain.
Request for Copies of Documents
Requests may be made for certified copies or plain (draft) copies of all documents filed at the Companies Registry, except Certificates.
Registered number of documents/files should be produced.