The Law Revision Commission
Established by the Law Revision Act, Chap. 3:03, the Commission's mandate is to prepare, publish and maintain a Revised Edition of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago. It is the only agency charged with this responsibility. In pursuance of this mandate the Commission's vision is: "A state-of-the-art, technology-driven organisation providing real-time access to the updated Laws in both textual and electronic formats.
Law revision is of cardinal importance to the administration of justice and the work of the Parliament. The constant revision of the laws must also be viewed in light of Government's policy to encourage foreign investment, as investors must have accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the business and financial laws of the country.
The Commission has published a 2006 Revised Edition of the Laws in both textual and electronic formats. The electronic format can be accessed via the website www.laws.gov.tt. These laws have recently been updated to 31st December 2016 as a Fifth Supplement.
The Commission has identified four strategic objectives which would ensure that the needs of its stakeholders are met in an efficient and timely manner:
1. The need to continuously update and publish the Revised Laws on an annual basis.
2. The importance of ensuring stakeholder satisfaction by making the updated laws readily accessible in both textual and electronic format.
3. The significance of becoming the premier repository of all the laws of Trinidad and Tobago and the necessity to undertake the electronic management of this vital repository by using state-of-the-art technology.
4. The necessity to attract and retain the requisite expertise.
Products and Services
The complete set of Revised Laws (31 volumes) updated to December 2004 priced at $10,000.00 or approximately $1,600.00 (USD).
The First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Supplements which update the Laws to December 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014 and 2016 respectively, priced at $750.00 (TTD) each or approximately $120.00 (USD).
The Consolidated Index of Acts and Subsidiary Legislation updated to December 2014 priced at $200.00 (TTD).
- Payment can be made at the cashier in the Companies Registry, AGLA Tower, Corner Richmond and London Streets Port of Spain or at the San Fernando Office of the Registrar General's Department, #3 Leotaud Street.
- Payment can be made by CASH or CERTIFIED CHEQUE. Cheques must be made payable to: The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of the Attorney General and Legal Affairs.
- Receipt of payment must be taken to the Law Revision Commission, 4th Floor, Park Plaza, Corner Park and St. Vincent Streets, Port of Spain for collection of the products.