Registration of Newspapers
The Newspapers Act, Chapter 20:01.
Submit a letter to the Registrar of Companies requesting approval for proposed name: $20.00.
Statutory declaration (by proprietor, publisher or printer) to be sworn before a Commissioner of Affidavits, Notary Public etc.: $50.00.
Bond in favour of the State (if newspaper is published at intervals not exceeding 26 days) to be executed by proprietor, publisher and printer of newspaper: $10.00
Documents to be filed:
Bond (if required).
Incorporation of Companies (Profit: Form 1; Non-Profit: Form 2)
The Companies Act, 1995.
Step 1: Obtain approval for the use of the proposed name by submitting:
- Form No. 25 - Application for Name Search/Name Reservation; and
- Application Fee - $25.00
Step 2: Obtain approval for incorporation by submitting (Non-Profit only):
- A copy of draft of the proposed Articles of Incorporation – Form 2;
- A covering letter addressed to “The Registrar of Companies” stating that the draft Articles of Incorporation is attached for approval;
- A photocopy of the approved valid name approval; and
- A completed AML/CFT/PF Risk Assessment Questionnaire (“AML/CFT/PF” means “Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism/Financing the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction”)
Step 3: Incorporate the Company by submitting::
- The Draft Articles of Incorporation, which was approved by the Registrar;
- Proof of submission of completed AML/CFT/PF Risk Assessment Questionnaire;
Profit and Non-Profit
- Approved valid name approval; and
- Incorporation forms:
(To be completed in duplicate originals, block capital letters, black or blue ink)
- Form 1/Form 2 – Articles of Incorporation (with necessary schedules);
- Form 4 – Notice of Address;
- Form 8 – Notice of Directors; and
(Each necessary schedule must begin on a separate page)
- Incorporation Fee - $ 620.00
Registration of External Company
This service is provided at the Registrar General's Department, Companies Registry - Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain.
Documents to be filed/fees:
1) Complete Form No. 20 - $40.00.
2) Affidavit or Solemn Declaration to be sworn to by an Officer of the Company before a Notary Public that verifies the particulars set out in the Form No.20 -$40.00.
3) Copy of the Corporate Instruments of the Company - $2,000.00.
4) Statutory declaration by Attorney-at-Law admitted to practice in Trinidad and Tobago (Form No. 32) to be furnished - $40.00.
5) Power of Attorney executed by an External Company (Form No. 22) - $40.00.
6) Certificate Fee - $40.00
Documents required to be filed: (1) to (5) inclusive.
Registration of Business Name
The Registration of Business Names Act, Chapter 82:85
Service point: Registrar General's Department, Companies Registry - Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain
1) Form (available at Registry) to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies requesting approval for the proposed name - $20.00.
2) Application for Registration by an individual (Form No.1) or by a Firm (Form No. 2) - $200.00.
3) An original document from the Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) indicating BIR file number of each individual or partner (whether a natural person of Corporation) e.g. Advisory Letter; or
4) Notice of Assessment must be produced to the Registrar - NO FEE.
Documents required to be filed: (1), (2) or (3) and (4).
Change of Particulars of Registration (Business Name)
Cost/Fee: Varies between $40.00 to $60.00, depending on the nature of the change.
Registration of Local Agents of Foreign Governments and Foreign Enterprises
Companies Registry - Registration House, 72-74 South Quay (next to Courts), Port of Spain.
Request for Copies of Documents
Registered number of documents/files should be produced.
Cost/Fee: $5.00 per page for draft copy plus $20.00 per certified copy.
Search fee: $20.00 per company file/document.